|Thank you for over sized card board boxes that make|
excellent spray paint enclosures.
Here are a few pictures of some of the pieces that I spray painted yesterday and are sitting in the garage until the fumes wear off. My goal is to paint them in an urban camo pattern. I did some research online about the best way to do this, and I decided to go apply a grey base with spray paint and then do some black and while tiger stripes by hand using a brush. We'll see how it turns out. Hopefully it won't look like utter crap.
|If only I was as good with paint brushes |
as I am with spray cans.
As I stated in my last post about this project, I removed the two front attack-trak treads as well as the front grill. I will replace the treads with wheels and the front grill with a beard trimmer attachment (heh heh... get it? "clipper"? get it? because the attachment goes on a hair clipper? get it? oh, you got it? good deal. Moving on). So yeah, here is where I am at the moment.
I used a cutting wheel dremel attachment to cut the extra pieces off of the trimmer attachment so it looks more like a set of vicious cutting blades instead of a plastic shaving guard. It was my first time using a cutting wheel on a dremel, and man, I gotta say using it was fun. The dremel ate right threw the plastic like it was play doh. A step that I thought could be a pain in the rear turned out to not be an issue in the least.
I am not sure what the ETA will be on the next steps of this project. I'm really excited about the Build-A-HQ effort at the moment, and I think my energy is going to mostly go to that. I also have a lot of work to do for school, so my hobby time is at a premium. But as I get things done I will take photos and update here. Hope you are well.
Until next time.