Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Clipper rides again...

Thank you for over sized card board boxes that make
excellent spray paint enclosures.
Some of you may be wondering what about all the other little projects I have going on.  Did I forget about them?  Well, some of 'em are on the back burner.  And there are projects I haven't even posted about yet.  But besides the Build-A-HQ project, I've also made some progress on the clipper front.

 Here are a few pictures of some of the pieces that I spray painted yesterday and are sitting in the garage until the fumes wear off. My goal is to paint them in an urban camo pattern.  I did some research online about the best way to do this, and I decided to go apply a grey base with spray paint and then do some black and while tiger stripes by hand using a brush.  We'll see how it turns out.  Hopefully it won't look like utter crap.
If only I was as good with paint brushes
as I am with spray cans.

As I stated in my last post about this project, I removed the two front attack-trak treads as well as the front grill.  I will replace the treads with wheels and the front grill with a beard trimmer attachment (heh heh... get it? "clipper"? get it? because the attachment goes on a hair clipper? get it?  oh, you got it?  good deal.  Moving on).  So yeah, here is where I am at the moment.

I used a cutting wheel dremel attachment to cut the extra pieces off of the trimmer attachment so it looks more like a set of vicious cutting blades instead of a plastic shaving guard.  It was my first time using a cutting wheel on a dremel, and man, I gotta say using it was fun.  The dremel ate right threw the plastic like it was play doh.  A step that I thought could be a pain in the rear turned out to not be an issue in the least.

I am not sure what the ETA will be on the next steps of this project.  I'm really excited about the Build-A-HQ effort at the moment, and I think my energy is going to mostly go to that.  I also have a lot of work to do for school, so my hobby time is at a premium.  But as I get things done I will take photos and update here.  Hope you are well.

Until next time.

David D.

No comments:

Post a Comment