Monday, October 3, 2011

additional pics


Detail of the door to the lobby section of the HQ, with some
of the wall sections on the left side of the frame.  Not too
shabby, and very easy to do.  If I can do this, *anyone* can
do this.

For some reason, I didn't post some pics in previous posts on the Build-A-HQ project, but they are pretty good in progress images.  Here is one I thought I would include in the blog I so you can see what the parts looked like during construction.  If you have not worked with styrene before, you would be amazed at how easy it is to work with this stuff.   I still need to do my 'how to cut styrene' post, and I will.  In summary: its easy, and the stuff looks good (as you can see from the pictures) with very little effort.

After all of the frustration I had trying to paint action figures (see the Alex Armstrong story, and there are even more projects I have worked on that were so bad I didn't even make blog entries about them.  That should tell you something.) It was *great* to work on a project that is more or less working out for me.  If you are thinking of trying to put together a little dio for your action figures, I recommend this the Vexar Designs Build-A-HQ project.  Try it out.  Its really easy and it looks great.  You'll be happy with the results.

Until next time,

David D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment