Friday, September 2, 2011

My other current project...

Vroom vroom!!!
Here it is- a sneak peak at my other current project.  This one involves actually cutting things apart and putting parts from different toys together into something else. 

Now, someone with a sharp eye might say, "Hey, this looks kind of familiar!" Oh, someone could even say, "Dude, you are *totally* ripping off articulatedcomics!"

Yup and yup.  But I hope AC takes this as an example of imitation being the sincerest form of flattery.

So far, I have removed the blade treds from the ice cutter.  Then I took out the screws in the bottom of the the cutter so I could get at everything.  Next I took apart a truck I bought at Target for its wheels and axles, and pulled out the wheels and axles. Its a battery operated toy, and I'm holding onto the motor because who knows what I kind of toy I could throw that into some day.  I removed the old grill from the cutter and drilled some holes into the cutter for the axles, and there she sits at the moment.

My next step is to dremel the unneeded parts of of the clipper attachment from my old beard trimmer (I'm clean shaven now and have been for years- the 90's are over, baby.  No more van dyke.) and then.... I get to paint the thing.  I was thinking an urban camo or jungle camo with spray paint, and man, that is the only step I am really worried about.  I'll deal with it when I get there.  I'll keep you all up to date as things move along.

Until next time.

David D. 


No comments:

Post a Comment